Sneak Peak of Draft Energy Management Regulations 2020 on Energy Policy, Energy Audit, Maintenance of Records, Energy Audits, Energy Manager and Energy Investment Plan
What Owners of designated facilities should know
The owner of a designated facility shall develop an energy management policy for the facility and submit it to the Authority for approval before implementation.
Maintenance of Data
The owner of a designated facility shall obtain and maintain records relating to energy consumption at the facility including:
- Monthly consumption of electric power, fuel (including biomass and petroleum products), and water;
- Monthly production data or occupancy levels;
- Number of employees and;
- Up to date building plans, infrastructure plans, and floor area.
The owner of a designated facility shall submit energy consumption reports at the end of every financial year in a manner prescribed by the Authority (Generate reports from the above data and submit to EPRA annually/ end of financial year)
An owner shall designate an accredited energy manager for every designated facility who shall be responsible for the co-ordination and promotion of energy efficiency and conservation programmes
- The owner of a designated facility shall cause an energy audit of the facility to be undertaken at least once every four (4) years and should be done by an accredited Energy Auditor.
- The Authority may subject the energy audit report to verification by conducting a quality control energy audit after giving a minimum of seven (7) days’ notice to the facility owner
Energy Investment Plan
- An owner of a designated facility shall within six (6) months from the approval of the energy audit report, prepare and submit to the Authority an energy investment plan for implementation of the energy conservation measures in the approved energy audit.
- The owner of a designated facility shall implement the energy investment plan to: realize at least fifty (50) percent of the identified and recommended energy savings, within three years of submission of the energy investment plan to the Authority