Unisource is the premier solar installation company in Kenya and among the most experienced solar providers in the country. We excel in designing and installing solar systems for home owners, municipalities, schools, multi-family buildings, and commercial businesses..
- Unisource installers have been certified by the Energy Regulatory Commission (ERC), and have expansive field-experience.
- Quality workmanship, exceptional design and superior customer service are the hallmarks of Unisource’s philosophy and success..
- Commercial Solar
Unsiource specializes in large-scale solar thermal and photovoltaic systems designed to offer maximum energy savings and a long service life for a variety of applications in the commercial, government and institutional sectors. Unisource offers a comprehensive range of commercial solar services that enable you rely on a single partner at every stage of the design. process, from the initial site analysis to monitoring energy production of your custom solar panel system. By taking this holistic approach, we reduce the amount of time and energy our customers spend managing each step of the process, ensuring we deliver the most cost effective, and efficient commercial solar panel systems..
Our services for commercial systems include:
- Site Analysis
- Energy Audits
- Feasibility Studies
- Design, Build, Customize Solar Systems
- Commercial Solar Installation
- Solar Panel Performance and Efficiency Data Monitoring
Whether it is a solar thermal system for a plant, hotel, or a renewable energy solution, we have the logistics and team of solar panel installers to ensure quick mobilization and timely completion of the job regardless of geographical location..
2. Residential Solar
Whether your goal is to save money on your electric bill, reduce dependence on foreign fuel or minimize your carbon footprint, Unisource has a residential solar power solution that meets your energy-saving needs and is friendly to your wallet. We design and install solar panel systems for homes all over Kenya..
Our Residential Solar Power Services include:
- Free Site Analysis
- Solar Water Heating System Installation
- Solar Pool Heating System Installation.
- Photovoltaic System (PV) Installation
- Repair and Maintenance
Our goal is to help you understand how different solar energy systems work, assist you in identifying the right system for your needs and install a system on your home that is aesthetically pleasing, reliable and built to last. Our comprehensive services address all stages and aspects of installing and maintaining a residential solar power system and are designed to give you the most cost effective, efficient energy solution for your home..
Wind power refers to the power captured from the natural wind in the atmosphere. The natural wind is converted to mechanical energy then to electricity with the help of turbines..
Most wind turbines have three blades and sit atop a steel tubular tower, and they range in size from 80-foot-tall turbines that can power a single home to utility-scale turbines that power hundreds of homes..
The major types of wind power are:
- Utility-scale wind, wind turbines larger than 100 kilowatts are developed with electricity delivered to the power grid and distributed to the end user by electric utilities or power system operators;.
- Distributed or “small” wind, which uses turbines of 100 kilowatts or smaller to directly power a home, farm or small business as it primary use;
- Offshore wind, which are wind turbines erected in bodies of water around the world, but not yet in Kenya..
We seek an area with strong wind resource as well as other critical factors such as access to land, access to the transmission lines, ability to sell the electricity (for large scale installations), and public engagement amongst other significant development factors..
Benefits of Wind Energy
Wind energy is a clean, renewable form of energy that uses virtually no water and pumps billions of dollars into our economy every year. In Kenya, the industry is relatively young but is gradually picking up. Furthermore, wind energy is a drought-resistant ‘cash crop’ that can provide economic investment to people. Wind energy helps avoid a variety of environmental impacts due to its low impact emitting zero greenhouse gas emissions or conventional pollutants and consuming virtually no water..
Biogas is produced from the breakdown of waste organic material, a process referred to as Anaerobic Digestion (AD). The gas produced typically contains around 50-60% methane which can be used to generate electricity and heat..
‘Gas to Power’ includes all equipment required to convert the biogas produced by the AD process into revenue.
Our extensive capabilities and scope of supply include:
- Providing the grid connection
- Designing and installing the site HV and LV electrical and earthing system,
- Designing, installing and integrating the site heat distribution system into the AD plant.
- The specification, design, installation and integration of site wide process control system, control equipment and cabling
- Providing the ‘Gas to Power Island’ which includes:
A hybrid energy system, or hybrid power, usually consists of two or more renewable energy sources used together to provide increased system efficiency as well as greater balance in energy supply..
In general, a hybrid system might contain diesel generators, distribution system, loads, renewable power sources (wind turbines, or photovoltaic power sources), energy storage, power converters, rotary converters, coupled diesel systems, dump loads, load management options, or a supervisory control system. Hybrid systems might also include biomass or hydroelectric generators..
The engineers at YUnisource have the expertise to develop hybrid system based on the client’s requirements.
GRID TIE SYSTEM
Grid Tie System means that power is supplied by a solar PV system/or any other form of renewable energy to the national grid while drawing power from the same grid to try and balance it to a zero end amount or save a percentage of your current bill..
We do this by calculating the electric bill information supplied by you over the past 12 months, the average usage of kilowatt hour (kWh) per month, day & hour. If electric bill with kWh is not available we can temporarily install an electronic kWh data logging meter to do calculations at a minimal cost..
Then we size & design the solar/renewable energy plant with the components that have to be installed to be able to try and balance the load to a saving amount as an end result on your electric bill....